Tuesday, December 01, 2009

2010: Year of the Book

I have decided (months ago, actually) that this coming year, 2010, will be the Year of the Book for me.

My goal is to read 52 books in 2010 - or, a book a week. Since I've read some books (like Breaking Dawn, which is over 600 pages) in only 4 days, I believe this is an achievable goal.

The rules will be as follows:

In order to be considered a "book" it must be at least 200 pages in length.
Manga volumes do not count, regardless of size.
If a book is 500 pages or more (and I'm strapped for time) it can count as 2 books.
Re-reading books I've previously read is allowed.
Reading new books is encouraged.
The books can be any type - they do not need to be fiction. I do not need to own them.

I will post my progress here as I go along, possibly even with a review here and there.

Here is my current list of planned books for reading:

The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis(all 7 books, re-reading)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams(all 5 books, new to me)
Twilight - Stephanie Meyer(and it's 3 sequels, re-reading)
Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maud Montgomery(and it's 7 sequels, re-reading)
any Discworld novels I can get my hands on that I haven't already read - Terry Pratchett (???)
Blood and Chocolate - Annette Curtis-Klause (re-read)

So far, that is 25 books, not counting the Discworld books. Any suggestions? I may re-read some Discworld titles as well... such as Mort and Small Gods, because those two are my favourite. I might/might not read the Sookie Stackhouse books and/or re-read the Time Traveller's Wife. I plan to kick things off with Douglas Adam's 5-part trilogy, however. :)

Anyone who would like to join me, please leave posts and list the books you're reading as you finish them. Same rules apply to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home